A little fiddly (in the cutting mainly) but these are a fantastically healthy tasty snack. Great for taking to work, school lunch boxes or munching with drinks. Leave out the cinnamon if you’re not a fan. Once baked and cooled they will store for several days in an air tight container….if you can manage to keep them that long!
3 sweet apples
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 dessertspoon soft brown sugar
1) Preheat your oven to 110°c.
2) In a large bowl combine the cinnamon and sugar.
3) Core the apples with an apple corer, or if you don’t mind a little added crunch leave whole.
4) Leaving the skins on slice the apples as finely as you can.
5) Toss the sliced apples in the cinnamon and sugar mix.
6) Lay the apple slices in single layers on 2 to 3 large baking trays and place in the oven.
7) Bake for 2 hours until totally dried out and crispy, turning about half way through.